Every day we meet lots of people. And if we always say just “Hi” and “Hello”, life can get pretty boring, and those people might think that you’re a boring person.
Look at this list of greetings and choose how to say hi to your friends or colleagues next time!
- Hey! = hi
- How are you? – Как дела?
- How do you do? (The answer is also “How do you do”)
- How’s everything?
- How are things? – как дела?
- It's been a while. – Долго не виделись.
- Good to see you! = Nice to see you! - приятная встреча
- Glad to meet you! – Рад познакомиться
- Good morning! – Доброе утро!
- Good afternoon! – Добрый день!
- Good evening! – Добрый вечер.
- Pleased to meet you. – Рад с вами познакомиться.
- How have you been? – Как у вас дела?
- It’s nice to see you again. – Рад вас снова видеть.
- What have you been up to? – Чем занимался?
- What's new? – Что нового?
- Good day, Sir. (ma'am) – very formal
And here are some less formal greetings (you wouldn’t say them to your boss):
- Hey, man!
- Mornin’! – Short for “good morning”.
- Good morning, everybody! – Всем доброе утро!
- How’s it going? – как дела?
- Howdy – how do you do
- How’s life?
- Long time no see. – Долгое время не виделись!
- Yo! = hi
- Alright, mate? – Норм, чувак?
- G'day! = Good day
- Hiya! – short of “how are you”
- Whazzup? = Wazzup? = What's up? – Как дела?
- How are you doing today? – Как у вас дела сегодня?
And in this video you will find different situations in which you need to say “Hello” to someone.
Can you find any new phrases here?