Vegan Banana Bread
I used to have a friend of mine, who was into yoga and wasn`t eating any products with so called animal-derived ingredients (продукты животного происхождения), which means no eggs, no milk and of course no meat! Vegan refers to either a person who follows the vegetarianism, or the vegetarian diet itself. I`m not vegan, neither do I follow this diet, but I do respect the people’s choices, especially if they concern food. So, this is how I change the ordinary butter&egg recipe of banana bread to the vegan one, so that my friend can eat.
2 medium bananas, smashed
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup of coconut milk (кокосовое молоко) or water
1/2 tsp. vanilla sugar
1 tsp. baking soda / powder
pinch of salt
2 cups of flour
1) Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2) Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl with a help of a fork (вилкой).
Mix in the sugar and vanilla sugar.
3) Sift (просейте) the flour, baking powder (or soda) and salt into the banana mixture.
4) Add oil and coconut milk (or water), mix everything altogether. The texture of the dough might be tough (плотная) and gummy (тягучяя).
5) Add chocolate in the dough. You can also add nuts and berries, if you want. Mix everything well.
6) Pour mixture into a buttered (смазанная маслом) loaf pan (форма для выпечки хлеба).
7) Bake for 50 minutes at 175°C. Cool it, remove from pan and slice to serve.